Sunday, August 12, 2012

An "Alien Grey" head in new Mars photo?

Ok, so I'm checking out the new hi-res photo from the Mars Curiosity rover over at NASA's JPL site.  I'm scanning around, taking in all the little rocks and surface features - marveling at it all (yeah, I'm a nerd, I know), half expecting to see R2-D2 and C-3PO walking around out there - it looks a bit Tatooine-ish after all.  Well, anyway, I'm scanning the picture and I have to do a double-take.  I can't believe what I'm seeing as I burst out in laughter (wasn't drinking anything so it was a dry laugh - monitor and keyboard stayed liquid-free).

If you use your imagination just a bit, there is a rock that is a spitting image of a classic Alien "Grey"!  You know - big cranium; dark slanted eyes; face narrows down to a small mouth.  It's great!  Now that I think about it, it kind of looks like the "Iron Man" mask as well.  Ha-ha!

The following images are cropped to show the area of interest (You can click on them for a better view).  Also, like I mentioned above, head over to NASA's JPL site to check out the full, hi-res image of the entire landing site - pretty cool stuff.


First Image: Zoomed out a bit for bearing



Second Image: Zoomed in on the "Alien head"



See, Mars makes Geology fun.







No comments: