Friday, March 22, 2013

Feeling warm on a cold day...

This morning on the local news, they had a report that was pretty damn cool.  It was about a blind dog who had his own guide dog...I had never heard of that before!  Was this common?  Had I been living under some sort of ignorant rock?  Apparently, I had been, to some degree.  I got on YouTube to see if there were any other videos like this and - yep, there were more examples of heartwarming tales like the one I saw this morning.

Besides the ones featuring one dog leading another dog around, there were even examples of a cat leading a blind dog around.  But the one that really got me was the story below (looks to have originally aired about a year ago):



Damn!  Are you kidding me?!  The one dog was blind and having seizures.  The other dog was super shy because some disgusting asshole had shot her when she was a puppy.  Then they found each other and magic happened.  Shit-fire and save the matches, that was amazing!  I'll tell ya what else was magical - this video had the ability to conjure up a room full of tear-inducing dust!  How else can I explain this strange, clear, salty liquid dripping from my eyes? (and, um, yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Why has this not been turned into a movie yet?  Disney, you're slacking.

UPDATE: Oops, I guess ABC News doesn't like when you embed their videos - so, to actually see the video, just click on the "Watch on YouTube" link that shows up.  I guess they want their advertising revenue.

No comments: